PAID COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church, a vibrant, multi-cultural, multi-generational parish of 3800 families, including a dynamic pre-school and K-8 school, is seeking a full time coordinator of youth ministry. The parish is located in Raleigh, North Carolina, recently designated and ranked “Best City to Live In” by Forbes Magazine and Bloomberg Businessweek.
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry is a faithful and faith filled, energetic and creative Catholic who will cast a vision for evangelizing young people and forming them in discipleship. He or she will also be a recruiter and “leader of leaders”, gathering and equipping core volunteers to work toward that vision. He or she will work under the direction of the pastor and the director of the office of Lifelong Faith Formation. The successful candidate will:
- Develop and lead pastoral strategies for evangelization of young people
- Create processes for ongoing growth of youth as disciples of Jesus, in knowledge of their faith, and in discernment of their gifts and calling
- Creatively plan and implement worship and prayer opportunities for youth
- Foster opportunities for fellowship while encouraging the involvement of young people in the broader life of the parish
- Lead youth in opportunities for ministry to others, in both spiritual and corporal works of mercy
- Implement a comprehensive 6-12th grade faith formation program including sacramental preparation for the celebration of Confirmation
- Recruit, train, supervise, mentor, and evaluate program volunteers
- Cultivate a comprehensive communication plan including social media
- Administer program registration and fee management
- Develop, control and assess the allotted budget for the operation of the program
A bachelor’s degree in theology or religious education, or in an unrelated field holding diocesan or national youth ministry certification is preferred. Several years of experience as coordinator of youth ministry in a parish, or other proven leadership experience, is strongly preferred. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
The position requires demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills, the ability to function in a self-directed but collaborative work environment, and the ability to communicate effectively with parish leadership, staff, and volunteers.
This position is a full time exempt position requiring frequent weekend and weeknight responsibilities thus including some flexibility of office hours and opportunities to telecommute.
In addition to a competitive salary, St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church provides a comprehensive benefits plan and a generous 403(b) retirement plan.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAID SAINT RAPHAEL SCHOOL SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
The school of St. Raphael is seeking highly qualified individuals to serve as substitutes for all grade levels. Please submit a resume with relevant experience and three references to Nicole Nesheim at email@example.com
VOLUNTEER RECEPTIONISTS NEEDED FOR THE PARISH OFFICE
The parish office is in need of occasional coverage of the front office reception desk. If you are friendly, like to meet people of the parish and community and have some free time, we would love to work with you! Please contact Mickey McGoldrick firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.