There’s been a lot of hard news about natural disasters in recent months. Here’s just a partial list:
- a huge mudslide Sierra Leone that killed more than 300 people
- flooding and landslides in Nepal, that killed at least 70 people
- hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Katia, and José, and the destruction and loss of life they caused around the Caribbean and whole Gulf of Mexico, involving many countries
- the huge earthquake in Mexico and Central America that killed nearly 100 people as of the writing of this article
- wildfires in the northwestern United States burning hundreds of thousands of acres.
- and a huge typhoon threatening Taiwan and China even as I write
All of these and other events not listed affect our parish in a direct way,……….