General Guidelines for celebration of Baptism
- Parents should be registered members of St. Raphael Catholic Church. You may register for the parish as part of the on-line Baptism preparation process. If you are a registered member of another parish, you need to present, or have sent, written permission from your pastor allowing for the celebration of your child’s/children’s baptism at St. Raphael.
- If your marriage is not recognized by the Catholic Church at least one of the parents must give consent to the baptism. If you would like to have your marriage convalidated by the Catholic Church please contact Fr. Bruce Bavinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-865-5747.
- Parents must attend two Baptism preparation sessions prior to Baptism celebration. The schedule for these sessions can be found at the tab on right. Godparents are invited and welcomed to attend the sessions as well, if available.
- Parents must choose and designate at least one godparent. More information regarding the required qualifications and necessary forms may be found at the “Godparents” tab on the right.
- Complete and submit the on-line registration. Please see link below.
- Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate. May be turned in to the parish office or brought to the first preparation session.
- Submit the $30.00 Baptism preparation fee which covers all material associated with the Baptism sessions and celebration and additional recourses. May be mailed/brought to the parish office or the first preparation session.