Saint Raphael the Archangel Parish is a diverse community of Catholic believers, called by baptism to share in the Christian Mission of evangelization, worship, and service. As stewards of this community, we commit our time, talent, and treasure to building the Body of Christ together.
What Does Our Council Do?
The Pastoral Council assists our pastor in ministering to the people of the parish. The Council serves mainly as a planning and advisory group. It meets on the second Monday of the month, except for July and December.
Various Pastoral Council committees are involved with specific areas of parish life, such as developing the parish plan; parish facilities policies; parish celebrations and spiritual enrichment; Council elections; etc. The Pastoral Council works closely with the parish staff, Finance Council, our Preschool, and our Saint Raphael School. Members of the Council receive input from individuals and groups, e.g., as presenters during Pastoral Council meetings, as well as during their interaction with others in the parish.
How to Join Our Council
The Pastoral Council has two types of voting membership: elective and appointed. Elected or appointed members of the Pastoral Council may serve up to 2 consecutive terms of 3 years each. After serving 2 consecutive terms, a member must sit out one year before running for election again. An election is held in the Fall. Individuals running for Pastoral Council must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a registered parishioner of St. Raphael for one year.
2. Must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Must regularly attend weekly Mass at St. Raphael Catholic Church.
4. Must be living or desiring to live the mission statement of the parish, especially as it pertains to practicing stewardship of time, talent and treasure.
5. Must be interested in the parish overall and be without an inordinate attachment to a personal/group agenda.