Welcoming our visitors with warmth and
sincerity in our hearts and souls is our goal as a Greeters!
Greeter Ministry Mission
Our mission is to serve, encourage and enrich the lives of each person entering the doors of St. Raphael the Archangel Church by welcoming and supporting them in a positive, friendly, warm, loving, nurturing and spiritual manner.
- We serve as ambassadors of kindness by greeting and providing a genuine, warm and welcoming atmosphere, especially for all of our first time visitors and members alike.
- We are an extension of the Priest. A priest cannot personally greet each member of the congregation, but we act in his place welcoming all those who come to share in our Mass.
- We are a minister of hospitality which goes above and beyond greeting and welcoming newcomers and parishioners.
- We represent St. Raphael the Archangel Church, as we are the first person that you see when you come in through the doors of the church.
- To put each person immediately at ease and make them feel comfortable so that they can receive all that God has for them in the service.
- To make parishioners aware of the ecclesial nature of Catholic Liturgy, that Liturgy worship is not an individual matter apart from others, but a call to join together in praising and giving thanks to God.
- To promote diversity in our parish.
- To direct people to locations and times of the ministries available at St Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church: Children’s Liturgy of the Word, children’s faith formation classes, RCIA, Knights of Columbus special events, Reconciliation times, and mass times and schedules.To distribute materials. Our Goal as a greeter has more to do with relationships than mechanical aspects of handing out special church announcements, or programs as requested by the Pastor. Sometimes this includes a list of special activities during Lent, a map of the school and the different facilities of our parish, some history or a list of week-day activities.
- To continue expanding the number of greeters at every Mass. In particular 11:30 A.M. and 5:30 Sunday evening mass.
- To provide training sessions and audio visual materials at least three times a year that will allow greeters to become more visible, vibrant, and active in the parish.To upgrade and further develop the greeter role to more than just greeting by being knowledgeable so as to act as Ministers of Hospitality / Information Specialists especially during weekend masses where needs are visible.
- To recruit more parishioners of different ethnic backgrounds such as Africans, Bengalis, Asian Pacific Islanders, Italians, and many others. We have over 76 different nationalities in the parish.
- To implement and develop a system and training manual to unite with other ministries that also serve in this capacity whose native spoken language is other than English.
- To be an active part in services where a blend of different cultures are involved, such as ecumenical services held at the parish.